Thursday, November 3, 2011

That's right. I said Nickleback.

Well it's official. I'm reeeeealy lonely. Those who are close to me know that I am not outwardly a "crier" and usually have my emotions in check. I am usually the one calming others down and being the voice of reason. But, in my car the other day, I cried from listening to a Nickleback song on the radio. Apparently, I've reached the limits of my composure.

I can't even begin to express how much I miss Mike in my life. We always say that we need to come up with a new word for 'missing' because it's really not cutting it anymore. I miss all the inside jokes and quotes we share, and how Mike can bust one out at any occasion, completely out of context, and I totally get it. But that's just us. So in sync. From the moment we met.  No one has ever, or will ever, hold a candle to the magic that I feel when we are together. Those have been the best 81 days of my year so far.

This past month I think has been tougher than others. 6 divers sank with their vessel and died at the bottom of the ocean. Saturation divers in the bin, just like where Mike is right now. I'll be honest I haven't slept all that well since then. I cant think of a worse fate. I cant think of a worse thing happening in my life. I just can't even tell you how hard I'm going to squeeze him when he comes through those doors at arrivals.

And as for our kids, well, I think they just might explode when he walks through the door. No one is more fun, or awesome, than Daddy. Hands down, I lose by a landslide. Happily so.

I figure we have about ten to fifteen days until we're all smiling uncontrollably like a bunch of lunatics.
Bring it on. 84 days apart and counting.....

No comments:

Post a Comment